Sex fuels the passion in a relationship, mainly because it offers one of the most intimate ways to show affection and love to a partner. However, due to some reasons, a relationship may experience sexual abstinence at some point in time.
The absence of sexual intimacy in a relationship may depend on the different factors involved. If you and your partner haven’t done it in quite a while, you might be promoted to ask yourself a couple of questions. “Is this normal?” “Is there something wrong?”
Some couples may be experiencing the same thing, although only a few openly admit to being abstinent from sex due to the discomfort of being questioned, interrogated or pried on by other people. After all, couples are accustomed to sexual intimacy and not having it for quite some time may seem like a taboo for some. Leading some to cheat on their partner with some of the sexiest outcall escorts in London
The Role of Sex in a Relationship
1. It offers intimacy. Being naked in physical union with your partner offers a sensation unlike no other. There are no barriers, no inhibitions and no reservations during sex. A feeling of oneness and total connectedness fuels a relationship to the hilt of passion. It may seem like the union of bodies, but it transcends the ordinary through a connection that goes way beyond the physical.
2. It offers spice to a relationship. A sexual union helps satisfy the feeling of excitement, adventure and discovery when it comes to pleasure. You seek to please and be pleased. Physical pleasure is a mood booster and having physical intimacy with your partner leads you to seek better and newer ways to satisfy each other.
3. For some, it is a form of security.Physical intimacy may be a form of security for some people. You feel loved and needed by your partner. However, once the bed turns cold and your relationship goes awry, thoughts of insecurity may start flooding in.
What if your partner is interested in someone else? What if you cannot fulfill his or her needs? Is there something wrong with you? Is there something else you don’t have that makes your partner uninterested in sharing a bed with you? These thoughts of insecurity can eat you up inside, especially if you and your partner used to do it frequently. Would he or she prefer to book Essex escorts for couples and have a threesome.
Some couples see sex as a sign that their partner is still interested in them. The real challenge comes in when physical intimacy stops and dwindles, thereby causing plenty of emotional issues going out into the surface.
4. It is an ego-booster. The feeling of being adored and appreciated by a partner gives an instant boost to the ego. As shallow as it may sound, some couples are guilty of cheating especially when their partner fails to satisfy their ego in and out of bed. This may lead to one partner going elsewhere for ego gratification. This can be highly crucial and may affect the relationship in the long run. Some partners love to book charlotte London escorts as they really know how to boost your ego.
Other Factors Why Sex Might Dwindle in a Relationship
1. Tiredness or lack of energy. Women are more tired in engaging in physical intimacy activities especially after pregnancy. This is due to a lot of factors such as a change of hormones, post-labor depression, insecurity, and a process of healing as the body returns back to its usual form.
Some couples reported this event as one of their lowest points especially in terms of sexual intimacy. A woman’s libido tends to drop, resulting to a stagnant sex life that could affect both partners for a couple of months. Post-delivery period is also a stressful event for a mother considering that breastfeeding and taking care of a baby could eat up too much of her energy.
2. Priorities or lack of time. A busy career and an equally demanding life at home can be a major factor why couples experience a sudden drop in sexual intimacy. In between working, taking care of kids and doing all the household chores, having sex could mean an additional time investment for busy couples.
3. Physical disabilities. Due to the presence of some disabilities caused by illness or accidents, sex in a relationship could seem next to impossible. Soldiers who have acquired physical disabilities during war and individuals who encounter illnesses that hinder them from having physical union with their partners are just some of the few cases that fall in this category.
4. Distance. Due to separation, long distance relationships experience a lack of physical intimacy with their partners. However, due to the growth of technology, partners can still enjoy cybersex or even sexting through the internet. However sometimes distances can be a problem if you are in London and your partner is in Watford it might be easier to book one of the best Watford escorts to keep them company rather than Skype you every night.
The Bottom Line
The absence of sex in a relationship can be attributed to a lot of factors. However, it all boils down to the foundation of a relationship and how both partners perceive the importance of sex.
The absence of it can deteriorate a relationship especially if acts of physical intimacy are seen as a valuable way of expressing love, security and affection. Sex plays a crucial role in adding fuel to the passion of a relationship. However, it shouldn’t be seen as the only way of expressing love to a partner.
There are many ways to engage in physical intimacy without having to consummate the experience with bodily union. Married couples, especially those who have already survived various milestones in the relationship, see companionship as a more lasting foundation especially when growing old together.
How to Deal with Problems Associated with Sex?
If you and your partner are experiencing an absence of sex in your relationship for quite some time, it is best to talk it out and be open about your needs and opinions to each other. Delve deeper into the issue and ask yourself if there is really something wrong going on or not.
Understand that you and your partner’s sexual needs can be affected by factors such as energy, time and priority. If you sense that something is not right, it’s best to talk it out with your partner. However, if there isn’t really an issue, keep in mind that every relationship flows in different ways.
A healthy relationship may or may not need sex to complete it. It is a matter of dealing with other issues to make sure that the relationship doesn’t fall apart just because there is a lack of physical intimacy.